There are often times that a party may experience a change of circumstances, such as a loss of employment, that do not allow them to meet their support obligations.  In those situations, they may make an application to the Supreme Court or the Family Court to modify their support obligation.  It is often important to apply to Court quickly to attempt to modify support if a party is unable to meet their support obligations so that they can avoid the accrual of arrears.  Sometimes, the needs of a child may change and the custodial parent may have to request an upward modification of support from a Court.

Whether seeking an increase or decrease in support, the Law Office of Joshua Adam Kittenplan is here to help.